Lost your Snapchat account and missing the fun? Knowing how to recover Snapchat accounts lets you start snapping again.
Losing the Snapchat account can be frustrating, especially for the teens. They use this simple, yet awesome social media, for sharing their everyday moments. It pains very much when you try to sign in and find that you are denied access. These could be due to many reasons. Maybe you have forgotten the password or became a victim of hacking. Whatever may be the cause one must know the ways to recover lost Snapchat account. This article aims to give you insights on that together with how to make your account more secure.
First thing first
Before you start to recover lost Snapchat account it is essential, necessary, and vital to know the root cause of the problem. Only then you can take appropriate action for regaining access. Let’s see how this can be done.
How to recover lost Snapchat account when the password is lost
In case you have forgotten the password and unable to log in, it is possible to regain access to your Snapchat account by resetting the password through the following steps.
- Launch the Snapchat account app on your Smartphone and click login. Next, enter your username or email and click on the ‘Forgot your password’.
- A box asking ‘Please choose how you want to reset your password’ will pop up. If you choose e-mail, then enter your e-mail ID on the next page and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Snapchat will send you an e-mail containing a link for resetting the password. Click the link and enter the new secure password. If clicking is not possible you may copy and paste that into the browser.
- In case you opt for recovery by phone option, you must enter your phone number and select anyone from the message and call option. The message is often easier to use.
- You will get an OTP. Enter the OTP and then your new secure password to complete the process.
You may also contact Snapchat for help
How to recover lost Snapchat account for forgotten username and email ID
There is no denying that most of us have several e-mail accounts and we also fiddle with usernames while opening an account. This habit makes one prone to forget the details. So, when we have not used Snapchat for quite a while and trying to be in the game, it becomes hard to access if we do not remember the username. The easy way to regain access is to use your email ID instead of the username. Here is how you can try to recover.
- If you fail to remember which of the email IDs you have used for opening the account. You must jot down all the email IDs you have.
- Next launch the Snapchat app on your Smartphone follow the recovery through email process. Go on entering all your email IDs one after another. If the email you entered is not connected with your Snapchat account, it will display an error stating ‘email address is invalid’.
- Continue the process until you find the right email ID and then reset your password to recover your lost account.
How to recover a hacked Snapchat account
Maybe you have noticed spam is sent from your account or got an alert about logging from different IP or device you should be cautious about your Snapchat account. You may also need continuous re-logging, or come across the addition of unknown contacts, or observe an unauthorized change in the mobile number and/or email address. If you notice such suspicious behavior with your Snapchat account, it might have been compromised. And for this reason, one must know to recover lost Snapchat accounts when it is hacked.
Recovering a hacked Snapchat account may not be easy. It all depends on what changes the hacker made to your account. If you find that your account information is leaked, you must change the password as soon as possible.
If the hacker has already changed the password, then you must follow the password reset route to take control of your account.
The worst thing happens when the hacker changes your recovery email address and phone number. In such cases, you should contact Snapchat support immediately.
Securing the Snapchat account
Snapchat displays an image for a few seconds only and then it disappears. Still, it is vulnerable to security threats. Knowing how to recover lost Snapchat account does not secure the account. It simply helps you to deal with the situation if the tragedy strikes. So, the best way to secure your Snapchat account is to stay one step ahead. You can do this in the following ways.
- Follow the best password practices: Although everyone knows the importance of passwords, not many people use strong passwords for their Snapchat accounts. The password must be unique. It must contain at least 8 characters combining a random mix of numbers, symbols, and upper & lower case letters. Never use your personal information like name, date of birth, mobile number, etc in passwords. The password should not be used for any other service.
- Verify your email ID and phone number: Creating a Snapchat account is easy. You have to enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, or email ID. This can also be done by using fake information. But this turns disastrous when you forget the details or the account is hacked. So, always open your Snapchat account with correct information. Also, open the Snapchat settings and verify those every time you use it.
- Use Two-Factor Authentication: Enabling your Snapchat account with a two-factor identification makes it secure. You can do this by opening the settings and clicking on ‘Two-factor Identification’ and going through the process. You can also take the help of Snapchat for this.
And now you know how you may lose your Snapchat account and how to recover lost Snapchat account. Remember that making it secure is always a better way to have control over your Snapchat account.